Very happy to post my first prize for winning the Second @ Masterchef Contest conducted by Divya pramil ( youtoocancookindianfood.blogspot.in ) long back...
Sorry Divs for posting this very late... I received a lovely book " South Indian Dishes " by Meenu Gupta . It has lots of delicious recipes with clear n easy procedure...Thanks Divya for choosing such an amazing book....
I wanted to try one recipe from her book and dedicate to her to convey my Thanks...That's the reason for delay in posting this!!!!
Here is the recipe...
Mysore Kheer :
- 1 1/2 litre Milk
- 50 gms Rice
- 1 Tbsp Bengal gram
- 1 Tsp Cardamom powder
- 2 Tbsp Fried Cashewnut / Badam
- 2 Tbsp Raisin
- 1 Tbsp grated coconut
- 1 Tbsp Ghee
- 150 gms Sugar
- Heat ghee in a frying pan. Add rice and gram.
- Fry for 2 minutes and add milk.
- Reduce flame after a boil and cook on low flame.
- When milk is reduced to half, rice n gram is cooked, add cardamom, raisin, coconut and sugar.
- When sugar is dissolved, add cashew / Badam. Boil for another couple of minutes.
- Serve hot or cold.