Hope you all remember my Choco cup which was posted last month for Taste and create group and I was paired with Manjula from DesiFiesta…
Click HERE to view choco cup recipe !
Likewise, this month I was paired with a blog - NoReason Needed. Lovely blog and has lots of baking stuffs... Unfortunately I was not able to do her baking goodies... So finally chose her chicken recipe to try. The taste was really too good with a delicious flavor and preparation part is also so simple ...
The Actual recipe calls for cauliflower and celery but due to unavailability I just skipped those couple of veggies. For me this is a perfect lunch box recipe and planning to try this again with the skipped veggies in future… Thanks for Taste and create team through which I got to know about this lovely blog and to try this delicious rice… Sorry for posting it little late!
Click HERE for the original version…
- 250 gms Chicken, boneless and chopped into cubes
- 3 Tbsp All purpose flour
- 1 Tsp Pepper powder
- ½ Tsp Salt
- 2 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1 Onion, finely chopped
- 2 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- 2 Tsp Curry powder
- ½ Cup Chicken Stock ( I used 2 chicken cubes )
- 2 Medium sized carrots, chopped finely
- 1 Cup Rice, cooked
- Mix chicken, all purpose flour, pepper and salt in a plastic bag (Zip lock) and shake well.
- Heat oil in a pan and add the flour coated chicken.
- Fry them till it turns light brown color.
- Remove and drain in a kitchen tissue.
- Now add onions in the same fried oil followed by garlic and sauté well for 5 minutes.
- Add curry powder, chicken cubes / stock, carrots and fried chicken.
- Mix well and cook for 5 minutes in a low flame.
- Now mix the cooked rice in the chicken mixture.
- Serve hot.