If you want to pack some protein rich dish with some veggies for your kids and family members, then try these flavorful spiced dal. Easy to prepare dish and perfect to serve with Rotis and Phulkas. Adding Garam masala and lemon juice, enhances the taste and gives aromatic punch to the dish.
- 1 Cup Moong Dal / Pasi parupu
- 1 Big Onion, finely chopped
- 1 Big Tomato, finely chopped
- 2 Carrots, grated
- 2 Green chillies, chopped
- 1/2 Tsp Garam Masala
- 1/2 Tsp Turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- Water, as needed
- 1 Tsp Lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp Oil
- 1 Tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1 Tsp Jeera
- 4 Garlic pods, finely chopped
- Curry leaves or Coriander leaves for garnishing
- Pressure cook moong dal for 4 whistles and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds.
- Once it starts spluttering, add jeera followed by garlic and green chillies.
- Saute for few seconds and add the chopped onion.
- Saute for couple of minutes and add the chopped tomato.
- Cook till the added tomato turns soft and add grated carrots.
- Mix well, add turmeric powder and salt followed by water.
- Cover and cook for 5 minutes or till the carrots turn soft.
- Now add the cooked dal and mix well.
- Add garam masala at this stage and cook for 3-4 minutes in a medium flame.
- Once done, Remove from the flame and add lemon juice. Mix well.
- Garnish with curry leaves or coriander leaves and serve.
Serving Options :
Serve hot with Roti or Phulka.