I am feeling sleepy ! I am feeling drowsy ! I feel like eating hot and spicy ! I feel like slurping warm soup !
yeah ! In this monsoon, what else we utter other than these dialogues :) Only Hot and Spicy foods has the magical power of waking up our laziness in this season. And Soup is always my priority during monsoon to boost up my energy and when it is done at home with healthy ingredients, it gives immense pleasure and happiness. To make it as a complete meal, I have included Macaroni in this soup. This soup is also very special for me.... Wanna know the reason?
It goes to one of my favorite event '5 Ingredients Fix Challenge' which runs every month by an Energetic Blogger Vimala Lakshmi from "cookingclub17.blogspot.com'. Every month, 5 fixed Ingredients will be given to us along with the recipe name and Innovative dish have to be prepared. And for this July month, "Onion, Tomato, butter, Carrot and Herbs" were given as our ingredients and innovative Soup has to made, which is also perfect for this season.
Veggie Macaroni Soup is a creamy soup with an Italian flavor which is loaded with healthy veggies and served with Macaroni to make it a complete wholesome meal. I did not strain the soup after blending since my family members loves this way. While serving, add a small piece of butter on top of the soup to make it more delicious and creamier but it is purely optional.This can also be served as breakfast or Mid-day meal with a Toasted bread or croutons.
Get ready to enjoy your monsoon with this Italian flavored creamy soup !
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 1 Onion, finely chopped
- 3 Tomatoes, finely chopped
- 5 Garlic pods, crushed
- 2 Carrots, Finely chopped
- 1 Big Potato, Finely Chopped
- 1/2 Cup Macaroni
- 1/2 Cup Masoor dal
- Salt to taste
- 1 1/2 Tsp Paprika (Chilli powder can also be used)
- 1 Tbsp Mixed Herbs ( Oregano, Basil, and Thyme )
- 2 Cups Veg Stock
- Wash and Soak Masoor dal before starting the cooking process.
- Heat butter in a pan and add finely chopped Onions.
- Saute till it turns translucent and add the chopped tomatoes.
- Saute for 3-4 minutes in a medium flame or till it turns soft.
- Add the Crushed garlic pods followed by the chopped carrots and potato.
- Mix well and add paprika or chilli powder,herbs and salt.
- Drain water from masoor dal and add it to the pan.
- Mix well and add the measured stock.
- Simmer and cook it for 20-30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook macaroni according to the instructions and keep aside.
- Remove soup from the flame and cool it for 10 - 15 minutes.
- Blend it into smooth paste using blender and add it to the same pan.
- Add Macaroni and boil it for couple of minutes.
- Remove from the flame and serve warm.
Serving Options :
Serve warm with Toasted bread or Croutons.
Linking this recipe with Lakshmi's "5 Ingredients Fix Challenge"