Kesari is a Traditional south Indian recipe which is usually prepared in all special occasions and festivals. Very simple and easy to prepare recipe.
And coming to my today's recipe, It's a very special sweet prepared few days back for our cute and lovely blogger friend "Priya Ranjit" from cooklikepriya.com as our pink themed virtual treat. Sorry priya for posting it little delayed in my blog. Hope you had a great day :)
Here is my special recipe....
- Strawberries 10 pieces, finely chopped
- 1/2 Cup Rawa (Semolina)
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Tbsp Ghee for roasting Rawa
- 2 Tbsp Ghee
- 1 Elachi crushed
- 10- 15 Raisins
- 10 Cashews, broken into pieces
- 2 Cups Water
- A drop of pink color
- Heat 1/2 tbsp ghee in a pan and roast Rawa for a minute.
- Remove and keep aside.
- Add the remaining ghee in a same pan and add raisins followed by cashew nuts and crushed elachi.
- Fry it in a low flame for a minute, remove and keep aside.
- Add the chopped strawberries in a same pan filled with ghee and saute for couple of minutes or until the strawberries gets soften.
- Now add the measured water and let it boil.
- Add a drop of pink colored essence and the roasted Rawa. (Keep stirring while adding rawa to avoid lump formation)
- Simmer and cook for 5 minutes or until the mixture becomes dry.
- Now add the measured sugar and mix well.
- Cook for another 5 minutes in a low flame and add the roasted nuts and raisins.
- Mix well and serve hot.
- Strawberry has a tangy taste in India so I added 1 cup sugar to this recipe. You can adjust according to your taste bud.
- You can also add strawberry pulp instead of chopped ones.
- I had added pink color essence only to get the pink color for the themed party but you can omit it.