Sitting in a balcony with a slice of cake and cup of tea, watching all kids playing and varieties of birds flying..Amazing view right? And that too having a slice of cake baked by own was really a lovely moment for me. This cake is my favourite and reminds me of my childhood days..
Very easy to prepare and no need of any frosting ! Just Bake, Slice and Eat :)
During my last visit to chennai, purchased few baking cake tins...and tried this vanilla cake in snow man shaped cake tin. My mom and son was so excited to see the shape and enjoyed alot. And my dad who was sleeping while preparing cake, got up by the lovely aroma of this cake. And coming to my recipe, Simple, delicious and perfect for tea time.
- 100 gms Maida / All purpose flour
- 100 gms Sugar, Powdered
- 100 gms Butter
- 1 Tsp Baking powder
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Essence
- 2 Eggs
- Pre heat the oven to 170 degree C.
- Lightly coat the cake pan with butter and dust with all purpose flour.
- Sift the all purpose flour and baking powder.
- Break the eggs in a seperate bowl and beat until light and fluffy using electric mixer.
- Add the butter and sugar, beat again.
- Now add the vanilla essence.
- Add the all purpose flour and slowly fold the mixture and mix well.
- Mix until the batter ( idly batter ) consistency occurs.
- Now slowly pour the batter in the prepared pan and bake for 25 - 30 mins or until the wooden skewer inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Once done, remove and cool the cake in a wire rack.
- Slice and serve.
Enjoy the slice with a cup of tea or coffee :)
Foodomania's " Christmas Cook Off Contest "