Our dec month SNC challenge for south team is on very famous Maharashtra street food
" Misal Pav ". Never tasted this before in my lifetime but had a lovely opportunity to try this delicious recipe. So have to thank two lovely people... Divya and Meena :)
SNC ( South vs North Challenge) is an aromatic challenge between north and south team hosted by Divya Pramil from youtoocancookindianfood. She started this amazing event couple of months back and successfully completed two yummy challenges.
And this is our third challenge done by Meena from Random Ramblings and she belongs to North Team. Likewise, north team was challenged by sherin from Kuk's kitchen and their recipe was delicious crispy medu vadas.
Misal pav is a spicy delicious curry made of peas and served with Pav breads and farsans. Very delicious street food and very healthy too...
- 200 gms Dried peas
- 4 Onions, chopped
- 4 Garlic pods
- 1/4 inch Ginger piece
- 2 Green chillies
- 2 Tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 Cup Coconut, grated
- 1/2 Tsp Jeera
- 1/2 Tsp Red chilli powder
- 1/2 Tsp Garam masala
- 1/2 Tsp Coriander powder
- 1/2 Tsp Turmeric powder
- 1/2 Tsp Amchoor powder
- Salt to taste
- 3 Tbsp Oil
- 6 Pav buns
- 2 Cups Farsans for serving
- Coriander leaves, chopped for garnishing
- Soak the dried peas overnight and pressure cook it for couple of whistles. It should not get overcooked and become mushy.
- Heat 1 Tbsp oil in a pan and add the onions, fry them for a minute and add the garlic pods followed by ginger and tomatoes.
- Saute them together and add the grated coconut.
- Mix well and saute for another couple of minutes.
- Remove from the flame and cool them completely.
- Then grind to a fine paste and keep aside.
- Now heat the same pan by adding the remaining oil and add the jeera.
- Then add all the masala powders and saute for few seconds. ( Make sure that powders doesn't get burned ).
- Now add the ground paste and mix well.
- Add water and salt, cook it for couple of minutes or until the gravy consistency occurs.
- Add the cooked peas at this stage and mix well.
- Cook for another couple of minutes and remove from flame.
- Now add this gravy in a bowl and add the farsans on the top and garnish with chopped onions and coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with Toasted Pav buns.
If you have any queries abt SNC or wish to join our SNC club, please click the below link to more details.