Cooking Time : 25 minutes
- 1 Cup Beetroot, grated
- 2 Green chillies, Finely chopped
- 2 Cup Idly Batter
- Few Coriander leaves, chopped
- 1 Tbsp Oil
- 1 Tsp Mustard seeds
- 1 Tbsp Groundnut, roasted and peeled
- 1 Tsp Urad dal
- Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a pan and add the mustard seeds, once they starts spluttering, add the urad dal followed by roasted groundnuts.
- Add the grated beetroot and salt.
- Mix well and cook for a minute.
- Remove from the flame and mix it in the Idly batter.
- Add the chopped coriander leaves and mix well.
- Grease the Idly plates and fill the cups with beetroot batter using ladle.
- Steam it for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from the flame and Serve hot.
Serving Options :
Serve hot with Coconut chutney or Milagai Podi.
Linking this recipe with
Sara's Kitchen " Dish in 30 minutes - Breakfast "
LemonKurry's " Innovative Recipes "