Hi Friends, Hope you all had a great Christmas yesterday!!! We had a lovely drive on Christmas night, enjoyed the city filled everywhere with lights and stars :)
My today's post is on healthy breakfast with the leftover idlis. Idly upma, very simple and easy recipe to prepare and tasty too but my hubby hates this dish. So, I tried little twist with the ingredients of his favorites and served with tomato sauce. He just loved it and asked for an extra spoon. Am really very happy that my trick worked well so planning to try few more recipes with the leftover idlis..Will post them later after trying. Adding egg is optional.. Lots of veggies can also be included in this to make it more tasty n healthy. Perfect breakfast and evening snack to serve with tomato or chilly sauce.
Cooking Time : 20 mins
- 8-10 Leftover Idlis
- 2 onions, Finely chopped
- 1/4 Cup, Capsicum, yellow
- 3 Green chillies, Finely chopped
- 1/4 Cup Carrot, Grated
- 1/2 Cup Paneer, Finely chopped
- 1 Egg
- Salt to taste
- 1 Tsp Pepper powder
- 1 Tbsp Oil
- Few spring onions, chopped for garnishing
- Heat oil in a pan and add the chopped onions.
- Fry it for a minute and add the chopped chillies.
- Add the grated carrot and chopped capsicum, saute well and cook for couple of minutes.
- Add an egg to the veggies and scramble them.
- Meanwhile, crumble the leftover idlis. (Soak the idlis in a water for few seconds and crumble them)
- Add the chopped paneer cubes to the egg-veggie mixture.
- Now add the pepper powder and salt. Mix well.
- Add the crumbled idlis and mix well so that the veggies gets mixed with the idlis.
- Simmer the flame and cook for couple of minutes or until the upma turns dry.
- Garnish with spring onions and serve hot.
Serving Options :
Serve hot with Tomato sauce or Chilly sauce.
Linking this recipe with
Sara's Kitchen " Dish in 30 minutes - Breakfast "
Innovative Recipes "