Ada Pradaman, a yummy and finger licking desert is famous in god's own country which is prepared during festivals. Its is a creamy dessert prepared using milk and jaggery. Condensed milk can also be added as substitute to Jaggery to make the dessert more creamier. Sauteing pineapple pieces in a ghee enhances the taste and flavor.
I have included pineapple pieces in a regular pradaman, as my secret ingredients for October month "Shhh cooking secretly challenge" are pineapple and Jaggery given by a lovely blogger Janani from redchillicurry.com
Do visit her space to check out a delicious drink prepared using Apple and Milkmaid which was given by me for this challenge. http://redchillycurry.com/apple-drink/
Ada pradaman tasted very delicious with a bite of sauteed pineapple pieces in every spoon. A cup of hot or cold milk can also be mixed and served as yummy drink.
- 1 Cup Pineapple pieces, finely chopped
- 500 ml Milk
- 1/2 Cup Ada
- 3/4 Cup Jaggery, grated
- 2 Tbsp Ghee
- 6-7 Cashews
- 1 Elachi, Crushed
- Boil milk and simmer the flame.
- Wash Ada and add it to the simmering milk.
- Cook it for 30 minutes or till the ada gets soft and cooked.
- Now add grated Jaggery and mix well.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tbsp ghee and add pineapple pieces.
- Saute it for a minute and add it to the pradaman.
- Cook it for couple of minutes in a low flame.
- Heat 1 tbsp ghee in a separate pan and add cashews followed by Elachi.
- Roast and add it to the pineapple pradaman.
- Switch off the flame and serve.
Serving Options :
Serve hot or cold.