- 1/2 Kg Mutton, chopped into pieces
- 1 Chayote / Chow Chow, peeled and chopped into cubes
- 2 Cups Onions, Finely chopped
- 1 Cup Tomatoes, Finely chopped
- 2 - 3 Green chillies, sliced
- 1 Tbsp Ginger - Garlic Paste
- 1 Tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Chilli - Coriander powder
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 Cup Coconut paste
- 2 Tbsp Oil
- 2 Bay leaf
- 2 Star Anise
- 1 Elachi
- 1 inch Cinnamon stick, crushed
- Curry leaves for garnishing
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker and add the masala items ( Bay leaf, Elachi, cinnamon and star anise ).
- Add the chopped onions, saute for a minute and add the ginger - garlic paste.
- Fry them for a minute or till the raw smell goes off.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and green chillies,saute well for couple of minutes.
- Add the turmeric powder, salt and chilli - coriander powder.
- Mix well, add the chopped chayote and mutton pieces.
- Add water, mix well and close the lid.
- Wait for a whistle, simmer the flame for 20 minutes and switch off.
- Once the pressure released completely, open and add the coconut paste to kurma.
- Cook for another couple of minutes.
- Switch off the flame and garnish with curry leaves.
Serve with hot rice..... And this goes well with Indian breads and with hot n soft Idlis / Dosas.....