- 10 Papads
- Oil for frying
For Papad Filling :
- 1 Cup Dates, chopped
- 5 Tbsp Water
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Powder
- 1 Tbsp Butter
For Apple Rabdi :
- 4 Cups Milk
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 2 Apple, grated
- Few Saffron strands
- 10 Almonds, Grated
- 2 tbsp Raisins
- Few Saffron Strands
For Papad Filling:
- Heat butter in a pan and add the chopped dates.
- Saute till the dates turns soft.
- Add the measured water and cook until the dates turns mushy.
- Now add the coconut powder and mix well.
- Saute till the mixture becomes dry.
- Remove from the flame and cool.
- Prepare small balls using dates mixture and shape them into small rolls.
- Repeat the process for remaining balls and keep aside.
For Apple Rabdi :
- Boil the measured milk in a thick bottomed vessel till it reduces half its quantity.
- Add the grated apples and sugar.
- Boil them for few more minutes and add the saffron.
- Stir the milk continuously and switch off the flame, once it gets thick consistency.
- Cool and refrigerate them before serving.
For Frying Papad :
- Take one papad and soak it in water for few seconds.
- Slowly remove them and place it in a plate.
- Place the dates roll in a papad and fold it like spring roll.
- Seal the ends using Maida paste.
- Repeat the process for remaining papads and let them dry for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Now deep fry them in batches in a medium flame.
- Remove and drain the excess oil using kitchen towel.
- Now for serving, Place the fried papads in a small bowl or plate and top it up with Apple Rabdi.
- Garnish with grated Almonds, Raisins and Saffron strands.
- Nuts like badam, cashews, pista and raisins can also be filled along with dates.
- Fried coconut pieces can also be used instead of powder.
Linking this recipe with
Viji’s Soul Food Show
Archana’s Tangy Minds