Hi friends…. Back to my blogging world after a short break... Missed my blog and blogger friends so much L Hope you all doing great J
And coming to my today’s recipe…
I tried this recipe few months back for a contest conducted by one of a blogger friend. Very delicious and tummy filling recipe. Perfect for parties and can also be served for breakfast with smoothie or fresh juice...
- 1 Bell pepper
- 3 Tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 Bacon slices, finely chopped
- 1/4 Cup Corn, frozen
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 Tsp Mixed Herbs ( Thyme, Oregano and Basil )
- 1 Tsp Chilli sauce
- 1/2 Tbsp Oil
- 2 Tsp Butter
- 2 Egg Yolks
- Chilli Flakes for Sprinkling
- Cut the Bell pepper into half and de-seed them.
- Place the bell peppers in boiled water and keep it for couple of minutes.
- Remove from the water and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add the chopped tomatoes.
- Cook until the tomatoes turns mushy or soft.
- Add the chopped bacons and saute.
- Now add the corns, mixed herbs, chilli sauce and salt.
- Simmer the flame and cook for couple of minutes.
- Remove from the flame and keep aside.
- Now fill the bell peppers with the bacon n corn stuffing and place the egg yolk on top of it.
- Sprinkle chilli flakes on top of the yolk.
- Place them in a pre-heated grill and grill them for 10 minutes.
- Once done, slowly remove from the grill and add 1 tsp butter in each bell peppers.
- Serve hot.
Added butter after grilling is just to enhance the flavor and to avoid the regular cheese topping.