Power cut has become one of the major issue in our place and the foods which have been kept in the fridge, especially milk and batter is making me more worried and crazy. In fact, I started boiling milk for twice a day but the batter gets its sourness in 3-4 days. Though I make it in very less quantity, one or two cups of soured batter will be my leftover. To avoid the wastage of food, turned those soured batter into sweet and delicious balls using Ragi and Jaggery which is very healthy too. And Interestingly, my 2 secret Ingredient for shhh cooking challenge are also Ragi and Jaggery which is given by a lovely and active blogger, Rafeeda from Bigsweettooth.
As I had mentioned in my earlier posts, shhh cooking challenge is a lovely and friendly challenge in which 2 bloggers were partnered and shared 2 secret ingredients. And the most Interesting part is guessing the secret ingredients of others recipe which will get posted on 16th to 18th of every month. Special Thanks to Priya Suresh from priyasversatilerecipes for creating such an amazing friendly event.
And coming to today's recipe...
Ragi sweet balls is a delicious snack which is prepared with the leftover Idly or Dosa batter. I have used only 4 ingredients to prepare these yummy balls but nuts and fruits can also be included to make it more healthy. It can be prepared with oil and ghee but personally I feel that, ghee gives a yummy aroma and taste. This can be served as breakfast or can also be packed for kid's Lunch box.
- 1 Cup Dosa / Idly Batter
- 1 Cup Ragi flour (I have used sprouted flour)
- 3/4 cup - 1 Cup Jaggery powder (Increase according to taste buds)
- 3 Tbsp Coconut pieces
- Ghee or oil for cooking
- Take Dosa batter in a bowl and add Ragi flour and Jaggery.
- Mix well to avoid any lumps and add coconut pieces.
- Mix well and keep aside for 15 mins.
- Heat Kuzhipaniyaram / Appe pan and smear ghee or oil.
- Mix the batter again and pour it in a pan.
- Close the pan and cook it in a medium flame.
- Once the base part gets cooked, slowly turn the balls and close the lid to cook the other side.
- Once done, remove from the pan and serve hot.
Serving Options :
Serve hot with little honey or it can eaten as such without any side dish.