Broccoli is one of the healthy veggie which is high in Vitamin C and Fiber. Earlier it was a very expensive veggie and used to find only in super markets but nowadays, even small veggie shops has such type of healthy n unique veggies. Lots of delicious recipes can be prepared using Broccoli like Rice, curries, soups and parathas etc.
Broccoli Rice is one of the easy and healthy recipe which can be prepared using leftover rice and no extra spices required for this recipe. Just a small packet of leftover maggie Noodles masala will enhance the flavor of the rice and gives unique taste. Adding lemon juice is to balance the taste and flavor. I have used maggie masala but any noodles masala can be used for this rice. Perfect Lunch box menu and can be served with Tomato sauce, chilli sauce or any Raita.
Want to make it more healthy? Just add veggies of your choice !
- 1 Cup Rice, cooked
- 15 Broccoli Florets
- 4 Garlic, crushed and finely chopped
- 1 Maggie Noodles Masala
- Salt to taste
- 2 Tsp Lemon Juice
- 1 Tbsp Oil
- 2 Fresh Red chillies, chopped
- Few Spring Onions, for garnishing
- Cook Rice and keep aside ( Do not cook rice very soft ) or Use leftover rice for the recipe.
- Heat oil in a pan and add finely chopped garlic.
- Saute for half a minute and add chopped fresh red chillies. ( Green chillies can also be used )
- Add Broccoli florets and saute for couple of minutes in a medium flame.
- Add Maggie Noodles Masala and Salt. Mix well.
- Cover and cook it for 4-5 minutes in a simmer flame.
- Now add the Cooked Rice or Leftover Rice and Mix well without breaking the rice.
- Close the lid and keep it for couple of minutes in a simmer flame.
- Switch off the flame and add lemon juice.
- Mix well and adjust salt at this stage.
- Garnish with chopped Spring Onion leaves and serve hot.
Serving Options :
Serve hot with Tomato Sauce, chilli sauce or Raita.
Sending this recipe to "100 Kids Lunch Box Recipe Book" Event !