Yay ! It's party Time again....
we are celebrating one of our blogger's Birthday Today... She is very friendly, lovely, cute and simple girl who also has loads of passion in cooking......none other than DIVYA PRAKASH from Divya's Culinary Journey :)
We few bloggers decided to celebrate her Virtual Birthday Treat with the theme of "Starters to desserts" and I decided to treat her with very simple and easy recipe but very delicious and tasty tangy rice variety "Mango & Carrot Rice". We wish you a wonderful birthday Divya... Enjoy your day with your family and virtual treat from our friends.
Mango & Carrot Rice, simple and easy lunch box variety which is very healthy and delicious with a tangy flavor. Adding grated carrot enhances the taste and also gives mild sweetness to balance the tanginess from mango. Simple mango rice can also be prepared but adding veggies is make our family members and kids to get their proper nutrients and personally I love the crunchiness of grated carrot in each bite :)
Here is the recipe...
- 1 Cup Rice, cooked
- 2 Tbsp Oil
- 1 Tsp Mustard seeds
- 1 Tbsp Chana dal
- 5 Cashew nuts, broken into pieces
- 2 Tbsp Groundnut
- 2 Green chillies, chopped
- 1/2 Tsp Turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 Big Mango, grated
- 2 carrots, grated
- Few curry leaves for garnishing
- Heat pan and dry roast the groundnuts and remove from the flame.
- Peel the skin and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds.
- Once it starts spluttering, add chana dal followed by cashewnuts and groundnuts.
- Add green chillies and turmeric powder, mix well.
- Now add the grated mango and carrot along with salt, mix well.
- Simmer the flame and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add cooked rice and mix slowly without breaking the rice.
- Garnish with curry leaves and serve hot.
Serving Options :
Serve hot with papads, mango pickle or potato fry.
Sending this recipe to "100 Kids Lunch Box Recipe Book" Event !