Everyone must be familiar with the Health facts of Oats coz of media Advertisement related to Beta glucan and nowadays it has become one of the must buy thing in monthly grocery lists. Apart from Porridge, Oats can be used to prepare lots of delicious recipes and personally I use powdered Oats to substitute bread crumbs while preparing Fried goodies. And coming to Today's recipe, Oats and Potato was the two secret Ingredients given in "Shhhh Secretley Cooking Challenge" hosted by Priya Suresh from "Priya's Versatile Recipes".
I had included Carrot and Potato in this recipe but other veggies can also be included like peas, grated cabbage etc. These yummy balls can be served with Tomato Chutney, Coconut chutney or Sambhar and it's a perfect breakfast recipe to start a day with lots of energy. This can also be served as Evening snacks for kids.
Here is the recipe....
- 1/2 Cup Idly Batter / Dosa Batter
- 1 Cup Oats
- 1 Onion, Finely Chopped
- 2 Carrots, Grated
- 2 Potatoes, Grated
- 2 Green chillies, Finely Chopped
- Small piece of Ginger, Grated
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
- Salt to taste
- Few Curry leaves
- 3 Tbsp Oil
- 1 Tsp Mustrad Seeds / Kadugu
- 1 Tsp Urad dal / Uzutham parupu
- 1/2 Tsp Jeera / Cumin seeds
- Mix Oats and Idly/Dosa Batter in a bowl and keep aside for 1/2 to 1 hour.
- Add water if the consistency is too thick.
- Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds.
- Once it starts spluttering, add Jeera followed by urad dal and curry leaves.
- Add grated ginger and saute for half a minute.
- Now add the chopped onion and saute till it turns translucent.
- Add the remaining grated veggies followed by Turmeric powder and salt.
- Mix well and cook for 3-4 minutes in a simmer flame.
- Once done, remove from the flame and add it to the Oats batter.
- Mix well and add water if necessary.
- Heat Kuzhipaniyaram pan and smear oil in all holes.
- Take batter in a spoon and pour them in all holes carefully.
- Cook for 4-5 minutes in a medium flame and flip the other side using Kuzhipaniyaram stick or fork.
- Cook for another 3-4 minutes and remove from the flame.
- Repeat the process for the remaining batter.
- Serve Hot.
Serving Options :
Serve with Coconut Chutney, Tomato Chutney or Sambhar.
Sending this recipe to "100 Kids Lunch Box Recipe Book" Event !