Cooking is like a Sea coz it never ends... Lots of recipes n techniques are hidden in that and only we have to swim and explore them. Luckily we got SNC Challenge group created by Divya Pramil who gave us an awesome chance to swim n learn regional cuisines :) So far we had completed 4 yummy challenges and it was a great experience to try North Team cuisines. And I must say that my family members are enjoying a lot by tasting varieties of cuisines in our menu.
Not aware of SNC challenge??? Don't worry.... Here is a short glimpses...
SNC challenge is a friendly and interesting foodie challenge between North and South Team. Every 1 st of month, one member from North team will challenge South Team members with their regional recipe. And the south team members have to complete their task and post it in their blog before month end. Like wise One member from South Team will challenge North team members. Interesting Right ?? Yeah, it is :)
Challenge For North Team - Mysore Pak ( Divya prakash )
Challenge For South Team - Bhel Puri ( Shruti Dhingra )
Tried Bhel puri for the first time and it was tooo delicious. Gained confidence to try my favourite chat snacks at home... Click HERE to check my Bhel Puri.
Challenge For North team - Adhirasam ( Yasodha )
Challenge For South Team - Gulab Jamun ( Pallavi )
Gulab Jamun was my husband's favourite sweet.. I was very tensed and happy to see the challenge. But unfortunately due to personal reason, did not get the oppurtunity to try this mouthwatering gulab jamun.
Challenge For North Team - Medu Vada ( Sherin )
Challenge For South Team - Misal Pav ( Meena )
Misal pav, a spicy maharastrian street food which I tasted n tried for the first time.. Was really very yummy n finger licking recipe.
Click HERE to check my Misal Pav !
Challenge For North Team - Vadakari ( Ramya )
Challenge For South Team - Rajasthani Ghevar Topped With Kesar Rabdi ( Manjula )
The word truly divine is perfectly suitable for this exotic sweet... Too good and yummy yummy yummy!
Click HERE to check my Ghevar !
And coming to this month challenge...
Challenge For North Team : Pal Kozhkattai hosted by Tamil
Challenge For South Team : Green peas kachori and Dum aloo hosted by Sanoli.
Let me start by Thanking Sanoli for this great spicy mouth watering dish. Lovely n very flavorful combination.
Never tried this combination earlier and this was very new to me. Crispy peas stuffed bread and spicy dum aloo was really yum yum when we tasted. Prepared this very long back when our house filled with lots of guests... They just loved it and my dishes vanished in few minutes. My relatives also tried this dum aloo after going back to their place and they ranged me to give lots of compliments... All credits goes to sanoli... Thanks again dear:)
Ingredients For Green Peas Kachori :
For Filling :
- 3 Cups Green peas
- 3 Green chillies
- 1/2 Tsp Hing
- 1 Tsp Ginger Garlic paste ( Actual recipe calls for Ginger paste )
- 1 Tsp Sugar
- 1 Tsp Jeera Powder
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- Salt to taste
For Kachoris :
- 2 Cups Maida
- Salt to taste
- 3 Tbsp Oil
- Oil for Frying
For Filling :
- Grind green peas and green chillies coarsely by adding little water.
- Do not grind it like smooth paste
- Heat butter in a pan and add the hing.
- Now add the ground peas n chilli paste and mix well.
- Add the Ginger-Garlic paste and mix well.
- Add the Jeera powder, sugar and salt.
- Mix well and cook until the water evaporates from the green peas mixture.
- When the mixture turns dry, remove from the flame.
- Cool and keep aside.
For Kachori :
- Combine the maida, salt and oil in a large bowl.
- Knead it well to form a smooth dough.
- Make small balls from the dough and meanwhile divide the green peas filling according to the maida balls.
- Now grease the rolling pin and place the maida balls.
- Roll it using rolling pin to make a circle.
- Now fill the green peas in the middle of the flour circle and close it to make a stuffed ball.
- Repeat the process for the remaining flour balls.
- Now place the green peas stuffed flour ball in a rolling pin and slowly roll it to prapre kachori.
- Flatten all the remaining stuffed balls.
- Heat oil in a pan and deep fry these kachori's
- Once fried, remove and drain the excess oil using kitchen towel.
- Serve hot.
Ingredients For Dum Aloo :
- 20 Baby Potatoes
- 1/4 Tsp Hing
- 1/2 Tsp Jeera
- 1/2 Tsp Saunf
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1 Cup Green peas
- 4 Green chillies, chopped
- 1 Tomato, chopped
- 1/2 Tsp Turmeric powder
- 1/2 Tsp Jeera Powder
- 1 Tsp Coriander powder
- 2 Tsp Ginger Garlic paste
- 1 Tsp Red chilli powder
- 1/2 Tsp Sugar
- 1/2 Tsp Garam Masala powder
- Few coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 3/4 Cup Curd, thick
- 4 Tbsp Oil
- Salt to taste
- Pressure cook the baby potatoes, peel them and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the boiled baby potatoes till it turns golden brown.
- Once done, remove and keep aside.
- Now add the bay leaf to a pan followed by Jeera and Saunf.
- Saute and add the green peas. Fry them for couple of minutes.
- Add chillies and tomato at this stage and saute well.
- Now add all the dry powder and salt.
- Mix well and cook until oil separates from the spices.
- Add sugar and fried potatoes.
- Mix well and cook for couple of minutes.
- Now add the thick curd and half cup of water.
- Mix well and cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped fresh coriander leaves and remove from the flame.
Serve hot with Green Peas Kachori !
Wanna Bite ??
It was a lovely experience to try the traditional regional cuisines from India... Thanks a ton to Divya Pramil who is a mastermind for this event... Every month 1st was really excited n tensed filled day till the challenge was announced.. Refreshing the page every minute and waiting for the mail is really interesting....
Do you want to feel the same and learn other regional cuisines.... Very simple procedure !
Just click HERE to know more about the details of our SNC Challenge event....
Hurry!!! Do participate, explore and enjoi our regional cuisines... It's really interesting.. So are you ready to meet us all in the next month challenge ;)