My first half of today was really very hectic and no time to prepare rice for lunch. So decided to prepare chapathi and kurma... and again bored of my regular ones so tried this sweet kurma. Very easy and simple curry but tasted good.Actually the groundnut which I had added in the coconut paste enhanced the flavor a lot. Served this with hot chapathi's but can also be served with the ghee rice. Spicy kurma with the mild sweet taste of corn was really delicious.
- 1 Cup Frozen corn
- 1 Big Onion, finely chopped
- 1 Tomato, finely chopped
- 1 Tsp Ginger garlic paste
- 1 Tsp Chilli powder
- 1/2 Tsp Garam Masala powder
- 1/2 Tsp Turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 Tbsp Oil
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 2 Star Anise
- 1/2 inch Cinnamon stick
- 1/4 Cup Grated Coconut
- 1 Tbsp Groundnut, roasted
- 1 Tsp Khus khus
- Handful of Coriander leaves, chopped
- Heat oil in a pan and add bay leaf followed by the star anise and cinnamon.
- Add the chopped onion and fry it for couple of minutes.
- Add the ginger-garlic paste and fry again.
- Now add the chopped tomato and mix well.
- Add the garam masala, salt, chilli powder and turmeric powder.
- Mix well and add the frozen corn.
- Add little water and cook for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile grind grated coconut, ground nuts and khus khus to a fine paste by adding little water.
- Now add the ground paste to the corn masala and cook for another couple of minutes.
- Garnish with the chopped coriander leaves and remove from the flame.
- Serve hot.
Serving Options :
Serve with Roti, naan and ghee rice.