- 5 Carrots, cut into pieces
- 2 Cup Milk
- 2 Tbsp Condensed Milk
- 2 Tbsp Sugar
- 2 Tsp Ghee
- 1 Tbsp Raisins
- 2 Elachi, crushed
- 5-6 Badam, sliced
- Pressure cook the carrot pieces for 3-4 whistles.
- Wait till the cooker cools down, remove the cooked carrots and let it cool.
- Then grind into a fine paste by adding little water.
- Boil milk in a thick bottom vessel.
- Now add the carrot paste and mix well.
- Add sugar and condensed milk to the carrot- milk mixture.
- Boil for 5-7 minutes in a medium flame until the milk reduces half its quantity.
- Meanwhile, heat ghee in a pan and add raisins followed by elachi and badam.
- Now add the fried items to the carrot kheer and mix well.
- Remove from the flame and serve.
Serving Options :
Serve Hot or Cold.
- I have added both condensed milk and sugar but either one can be added.
- Adding condensed milk will give extra richness and flavor.
- Pista and cashews can also be added for garnishing.
- Increase sugar according to your taste.
En Iniya Illam's " Passion On Plate "