We got yummy and delicious sweet to learn and try this month for our SNC Challenge. First time tried this sweet and it tasted really very yummy. And this south team challenge was prepared by Kriti.
Here comes the delicious Halwa…
- ½ Cup Channa Dal
- 1 ½ Cup Milk
- 2 Tbsp Ghee
- ¼ Cup Sugar
- ¼ Tsp Elachi Powder
- 6 Almonds, chopped
- A pinch of Saffron
- Soak channa dal for 2 hrs and pressure cook it for 3-4 whistles.
- Drain the water from the cooked dal and mash them using masher or processor.
- Heat ghee in a heavy bottomed pan and add the mashed dal.
- Saute for 5 - 10 minute till the raw smell goes off.
- Cook till the ghee starts separating from the dal.
- Now add milk little by little and stir it continuous.
- Add elachi powder, chopped Almonds and sugar.
- Mix well and and cook it for another 5 minutes.
- Once done, remove the flame and garnish with nuts and saffron.
- Serve hot.
Don’t miss the North Team Challenge Dum Briyani by Swasti.