Off late my house smells yummy coz of freshly baked cookies n cakes. I feel very lucky that I have got few special friends who is helping me a lot in baking… Tried these yummy cookies few days back for my son, who loves cookies. Whenever beep sound comes from the oven, my son used to wear my oven gloves and stand in front of it ;)
And coming to my today’s cookies.. Very easy to prepare and tastes yummy. Perfect kids friendly snacks or can also be served as evening snacks with coffee or tea. Dough can be prepared a day ahead and can be baked in batches but don’t forget to refrigerate the remaining rolled dough.
- ½ Cup Butter or Margarine
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 2 Tsp baking powder
- ¼ Tsp Salt
- 1 Egg
- 2 Tbsp Milk
- 1 ½ Tsp Vanilla essence
- 2 Cups All purpose flour
- Unsweetened chocolate
- Melt the chocolate and cool it separate.
- Beat butter with a mixer for a minute and add sugar, baking powder and salt, beat till combined.
- Now add egg followed by milk and vanilla essence. Beat well and add the flour.
- Stir in slowly and form dough.
- Divide the dough into two half and in one half, stir in the melted chocolate and mix well.
- Now divide each dough into two portions.
- Roll one portion of chocolate dough on a lightly floured surface into 9*5 inch rectangle for about ¼ inch thick.
- Now roll one portion of plain dough to the same size and carefully place the plain dough a top of chocolate dough or chocolate dough a top of plain dough.
- Roll up the dough together and wrap it using cling foil.
- Chill it for several hours or overnight or place it in a freezer for 1 hour.
- Now cut the chilled dough into ¼ inch thick slices.
- Preheat the oven at 170 degree C.
- Place it in a baking tray and bake it for 8-10 minutes.
- Once down, remove and cool on a rack.
- Store it in an air tight container and serve with hot tea or coffee...
Serving Options :
Serve with coffee or Tea.
En Iniya Illam's " Passion On Plate "