Simple and delicious snack from Meena’s blog. Perfect evening snacks which can be served with hot tea or coffee.. Click HERE for the original recipe.
Just one week left for the event in meena's space...Hurry!! Try her recipes and get a chance to win an exciting prize... Click HERE for more details.
- 2 Cups Gram Flour / Kadalai Maavu
- 2 Tbsp Chilli powder
- A pinch of hing
- Salt to taste
- 2 Tsp Ajwain
- 1 ½ Cups Water
- 2 Tsp Oil for kneading
- Oil for frying
- Add flour followed by chilli powder, hing, ajwain, salt and oil in a bowl.
- Add water little by little and prepare sticky tight dough.
- Heat oil in a pan and use big perforated spoon/ ladle called Jarani in tamil to prepare moti channa.
- Now place the ladle in top of kadai and spread the dough using hand.
- Press it so that the moti channas falls into the hot oil. (Be careful at this stage).
- Fry it in a medium flame until they turn into golden brown and crisp.
- Repeat the process for the remaining dough.
- Remove and drain the excess oil using kitchen towel.
- Serve hot or store it in an air tight container.
Serve with hot coffee or Tea.
Linking this with Meenu's TRY MY RECIPES