For Dosa :
1 Cup Green gram / Pachapayir
1/4 Cup Urad dal
For Chutney :
1/4 Cup Groundnut, Roasted
1/4 Cup Fried Bengal gram / Pottukadalai
1/2 inch Ginger or 2 Tsp Ginger, chopped
4 Garlic pods
Small piece of Tamarind
Salt to taste
2 Tsp Oil
For Tempering :
2 Tsp Oil
1/2 Tsp Mustard seeds
1 Tsp Urad dal
Few Curry leaves
For Preparing Dosa :
- Soak green gram dal and urad dal for 2 - 3 hrs and grind it.
- Add salt and ferment it for 6 hrs.
- Heat dosa pan and smear oil, pour the batter and spread out evenly with the base of ladle to form a
- dosa ( Indian Pancake ).
- Flip the other side, cook till the crust becomes dry and remove from flame.
For Preparing Chutney :
- Heat oil in a pan and add green chillies, saute for a minute in a medium flame and remove.
- Repeat the same for garlic and ginger.
- Roast and peel the skin of groundnuts.
- Add groundnuts, fried bengal gram, tamarind, green chillies, ginger, garlic and salt in a mixie, grind to smooth paste by adding little water.
- Meanwhile heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds, once it starts spluttering add the urad dal and curry leaves.
- Add the tempering to chutney and serve it with hot dosa.
My picture was supposed be like that but my naughty, lovable son did not let me take pics, he tried a lot to grab the chutney bowl and finally tilted the bowl and gave this lovely look...
Isn't it Lovely ???? :)
Linking this with Nitu's Healthy Foods for Healthy kids Series - Combo meals hosted by Nivedhanam.