During childhood days, Tasting Raw mango with Red chilli powder and salt is the only fun during summer holidays. Markets used to be completely filled with varieties of mangoes and gives lovely fresh aroma while stepping in. I never knew that people in AP celebrate Mango festival every year. I was recently invited for a special Mango pooja, where mangoes are kept for pooja along with few recipes like mango rice, mango raas etc... And only after pooja ,distribution of mangoes and Thambulam to all guests, people eat mangoes but nowadays this custom was followed by only few families. I felt very happy to attend and know about this interesting pooja and ofcourse, enjoyed my mango meal alot :)
Coming to my Today's post....
I love adding twist in my regular food and being its mango season, thought of trying out healthy dal dosa with a twist of adding grated raw mangoes to give a mild tangy taste. Mango chutney is also an easy to prepare recipe which can be served with dosa and personally I loved my leftover chutneys with curd rice.
Are you a Mango Lover?? Then, Try and share your feedback....
Mango Dal Dosa :
- 1/2 Cup Toor Dal
- 1/2 Cup Moong Dal
- 1/2 Cup Chana Dal
- 2 Tbsp Rice
- 1 Cup Raw Mango, grated
- 3 Green chiilies, chopped
- 1 inch Ginger piece
- 3 Tbsp Coconut, Grated
- 1 Onion, Finely Chopped
- 1 Tsp Jeera / Cumin seeds
- A pinch of Hing
- Water, as needed
- 3/4 Cup Coconut, grated
- 1/4 Cup Raw Mango, grated
- 3 Fresh red chillies, chopped
- 1/2 inch Ginger, chopped
- 4 Garlic pods
- 1 Tbsp Oil
- 2 Tbsp Chana Dal
- Salt to taste
- water as needed
- 1 Tbsp Oil
- 1 Tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1 tsp Urad dal
- Few curry leaves
Method For MANGO DAL DOSA :
- Soak Moong dal, Toor dal, Chana dal and Rice for couple of hours.
- Wash and grind into batter consistency by adding water.
- Grind green chillies and ginger, keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add Jeera followed by chopped onions, hing and curry leaves.
- Saute it for couple of minutes in a low flame and add it to the dal batter.
- Now add green chilli - ginger paste followed by grated mango and grated coconut to the batter.
- Add salt and required amount of water, Mix well.
- Batter should not be too watery or too thick.
- Heat Dosa pan, take batter using ladle and pour it in a tawa and prepare like a small dosa.
- Smear oil and cook it on both sides.
- Once done, Remove and repeat the process for remaining batter.
- Serve hot with chutney.
Mango Chutney :
- Heat 1 tbsp Oil in a pan and add chopped chillies followed by ginger and garlic.
- Fry it for a minute and remove from the flame.
- Add chana dal to the same pan and fry it till the color change.
- Remove and keep aside.
- Add coconut, grated mango, chillies, ginger,garlic, chana dal and salt in a mixer jar.
- Add water and grind to a fine paste.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan and add mustard seeds.
- Once it starts spluttering, add urad dal followed by curry leaves.
- Add thalimpu to the ground chutney and serve with Dosa.