Tangy Flavored Rice with a mild spice is perfect for kid's lunchbox and serving it with Raita and chips makes it a complete meal. Tomato puree can also be added instead of chopped pieces. Very simple and easy to make recipe with a left over rice.
And coming to SYS series, Everyone must be familiar with an event happening every month in Viji's Virundhu unna vanga space. Last month theme was color and my secret Ingredient was Red. As I have to cook with Red colored veggies or fruit, I chose Tomato and linking this simple and flavorful rice to Viji's SYS-Series "Show your Styles to the World".
- 1 Cup Rice, cooked ( 200 gms)
- 6 Tomatoes, Finely chopped
- 4 Potatoes, Boiled and cut into small pieces
- 3 Garlic pods, Finely chopped
- 4 Tbsp Oil
- 1/2 Tsp Garam Masala
- 1 1/2 Tsp Chilli Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Turmeric Powder
- Salt to taste
- Coriander Leaves or Mint Leaves, chopped for Garnishing
- Heat oil in a pan and add the boiled potatoes.
- Fry them for couple of minutes and Keep aside.
- Add Chopped garlic in a same pan and saute for few seconds.
- Add Garam masala followed by Turmeric powder and Chilli powder.
- Add the chopped Tomatoes and saute well.
- Add little water and salt at this stage, simmer and cook until Tomatoes turns soft and mushy.
- Now add the fried potatoes and mix well.
- Cook until the water reduces and mixture turns little dry.
- Add cooked rice and mix well.
- Adjust salt and simmer for couple of minutes.
- Garnish with Mint leaves or Coriander Leaves and Serve Hot.
Serving Options :
Serve hot with raita and Potato chips.
Linking with SYS-W series - "Show your styles to the world"
Sending this recipe to "100 Kids Lunch Box Recipe Book" Event !