Yummy and crunchy bread sticks flavored with oregano is a perfect evening snack to munch with hot tea and also kids friendly recipe. Feeling very happy to be part of "Taste and Create" group after a long break.This time I was paired with a famous blogger Padmajha PJ from www.seduceyourtastebuds.blogspot.in.She has an amazing blog with loads of delicious recipes and especially I loved her baking recipes. Thank you padma for these flavored bread sticks.
Recipe Source : http://seduceyourtastebuds.blogspot.in/2014/02/bread-sticks-we-knead-to-bake.html
My so far "Taste and Create" recipes....
- 1 Cup All purpose flour / Maida
- 1/2 Cup Wheat flour
- 1 Tsp Active dry yeast
- 3/4 Cup Luke warm water
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1/2 Tsp Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil for brushing the dough
- 1/2 Tbsp Olive Oil for greasing the pan / Baking tray
- 1 Tsp Oregano
- Add sugar and yeast in a Lukewarm water and mix well.
- Keep aside for 10 minutes or until it turns frothy.
- Add All purpose flour and wheat flour in a bowl and slowly add the yeast mixture.
- Add 1 1/2 tbsp Olive oil o the flour and knead well to a soft and smooth dough.
- Grease baking tray or pan with 1/2 tbsp oil, spread the dough on the tray and score rectangles with a sharp knife and cover it with a cling foil
- or damp cloth.
- Set aside till it is puffy ( For me it took 2 Hours).
- Brush 1 Tbsp Olive oil on the dough, sprinkle oregano over it and press gently.
- Bake it in a pre-heated oven at 200 degree C for 15 minutes or till the top is brown.
- Remove from the oven and cool it in a cooling rack.
- Once it is cool, break into pieces along the scored line and again arrange on a baking tray.
- Bake it for another 5- 15 minutes.
Note : Baking time for the second time baking depends on the crispiness you
prefer. I baked it for 15 minutes to get more crunchy.
Serving Options :
Serve with Mayo Sweet Red chilli sauce and Tomato sauce.