- 112.5 gms Raisins
- 112.5 gms Seedless dates
- 5 gms Dessicated coconut
- 12 gms Dehydrated Dry Mix
- 50 ml Hot water
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon powder
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg powder
- 1/4 tsp Elachi powder (cardamom)
- 1/2 tsp Fresh ginger, grated
- 120 gms Maida / All purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp Baking powder
- 112.5 gms Butter (Room Temperature)
- 120 gms Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 3/4 tsp Salt
- 30 gms Sugar for caramel
- 1/2 Tbsp water
- 1/4 Cup Hot water
- 2 Tbsp Chopped Nuts
- 2 Tbsp Dried plums
Dry Fruits Mixture preparation :
- Break dates into pieces and add it in a bowl.
- Add raisins followed by dehyderated dry mix and spices (cinnamon powder, Elachi powder, Desiccated coconut, Nutmeg powder and Ginger)
- Add hot water, mix well and soak it for 3-4 hours.
Caramel Preparation :
- Place sugar in a sauce pan and add 1/2 tbsp water.
- Turn the flame to high and place the sauce pan and let it boil.
- Do not stir the sugar, as it starts melts and caramelizes, swirl the pan twice or thrice.
- When caramel forms, remove from the flame and add 1/4 Cup of Hot water and stir immediately to dissolve the caramel.
- Cool and Keep aside.
Cake Preparation :
- Sift All purpose flour and Baking powder together.
- In a mixer, beat sugar and butter, until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one by one and mix well.
- Pour in ½ of the caramel syrup and salt, mix to combine.
- Now add the flour-baking powder mix and beat very gently on low speed (Just to combine).
- Add the soaked dates mixture and gently combine on low speed.
- Transfer the mixture into a greased round cake pan and cover it up with nuts and sliced plums.
- Bake it for 30-40 minutes in a pre-heated oven at 180 degree C or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow cake to cool a little in a tin and then prick it with a tooth pick.
- Pour the rest of the caramel over them.
- Completely cool the cake and turn out of the pan.
- Store it in an air-tight container.
- Actual recipe calls for dehydrated dry mix but I omitted due to unavailability.
- Baking temperature depends upon oven so bake till the toothpick comes clean.
- Dry fruits can also be soaked for an hour but to get flavorful cake, increase the soaking time or soak it for over night and it can also be refrigerated.
- Mix well and cover it with cling foil before refrigeration.
- The caramel sauce should not be hot while adding to the cake mixture so prepare an hour before and cool it completely.
Dust the cake with powdered sugar and cut into slices. Serve with hot tea or Coffee.
Sending this recipe to "Love2Bake" by Spicy Treats.