Fenugreek leaves is widely used in Indian Kitchen. It has strong aroma and bitter taste so most of kids will try to avoid this healthy green leafy vegetable. Lots of flavorful recipes can be prepared using these leaves by reducing the bitter taste. Vendhaya keerai kuxhambu is a tangy curry cooked with tamarind extract and fenugreek leaves which is served with Rice.
- 1 Bunch Fenugreek leaves / Vendhaya Keerai
- 150 gms Onions Onions, finely chopped
- 125 gms Tomatoes, finely chopped
- 4 - 5 Garlic pods, Finely chopped
- 2 Tsp Chilli powder
- 3 Tsp Coriander powder
- 1/2 Tsp Turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 Cup Tamarind Extract
- Water, as needed
- 2 Tbsp Oil
- 1 Tsp Mustard seeds
- 1 Tsp Jeera
- 1 Tsp Methi seeds
- Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds.
- Once it starts spluttering add Jeera followed by methi seeds and chopped garlic.
- Add finely chopped onions and saute for 3-4 minutes.
- Now add chopped tomatoes and saute till the tomatoes turns soft and mushy.
- Add Turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander powder and salt.
- Mix well, add tamarind extract and water.
- Let it boil for 5-10 minutes in a medium flame.
- Meanwhile, clean methi leaves and wash it well.
- Add methi leaves to the kuzhambu and cook it for another 5 minutes.
- Switch off the flame and serve with rice.
Serving Options :
Serve with Hot rice along with stir fry(poriyal) and papad.
Linking this to Tamilzhar Samayal Tuesday