Snickerdoodles is a Traditional Cookies coated with Granulated Sugar and Cinnamon powder. Cream of Tarter and Baking soda is added to leaven the dough. These are perfect for kids snack box and can be served with a glass of Milk. Snickerdoodles has cracked surface with crunchy top and inner part of cookies will be chewy n soft. Cookies are rolled in Cinnamon and Sugar before baking which gives a crunchy texture for the cookies and Flavorful taste.
- 1 1/2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 3/4 Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Butter
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 Tsp Vanilla Essence
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 1/4 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 Tsp Cream of Tartar
- 2 Tbsp Sugar
- 2 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar with a wooden spoon.
- Add egg and beat well followed by vanilla essence.
- In a separate bowl, sift flour, salt, baking powder and cream of tartar.
- Stir the dry Ingredients into the Wet mixture with wooden spoon till well mixed to form dough.
- In a small bowl or plate, combine 2 tbsp sugar and cinnamon powder, keep aside.
- Shape dough into 1 inch balls and roll each balls in the sugar-cinnamon mixture.
- Place the sugar coated balls on greased cookie sheet or tray with 2 inch gap.
- Bake it for 10-15 minutes in a pre-heated oven at 180 degree C.
- Once done, remove and cool the cookies on rack.
- Store it in an air-tight container.
Are you ready to try these yummy cookies?
Sending this recipe to "Love2Bake" by Spicy .