This recipe goes to a famous event happening in our blogger circle "Shhh cooking secretly challenge" hosted by Priya suresh from "Priya's Versatile Recipes". It is an interesting challenge in which two members/bloggers are paired every month and 2 ingredients are shared secretly...Interesting recipe should be prepared with those secret ingredient and posted every mid of month.. And for June month, I was paired with Shree Rao and she gave me "Tomato and Lemon" as my secret Ingredients. Thank you Shree Rao :)
And Coming to Today's Recipe....
Personally I feel,Cooking for kids is a big task to make them eat all veggies but I love to innovative recipes to make them eat in any form. As long it goes into their tummy,am happy and I know that all mothers feel the same. Tried these flavorful Pulao last week, for my kid who loves paneer alot but hate veggies. To add nutrition in his meal and make it more healthy, added ground veggies in this pulao. But trust me, it really enhanced the flavor of the pulao and it tasted delicious. My kid loved it and what else can make a mother happy :)
Very simple and healthy pulao with no extra spices. Easy to make and a perfect Lunchbox Recipe.
- 50 Gms Paneer, cut into small cubes
- 2 Big Onions, chopped
- 2 Tomatoes, chopped
- 1 Capsicum, chopped
- 1 Cup Rice, Basmati
- 2 Tbsp Oil
- 2 Tbsp Ghee
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1/2 Tsp Garam Masala
- 1 Tsp Chilli powder
- 1 1/2 Tsp Coriander powder
- 1/2 Tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 Tsp Jeera Powder
- Salt to taste
- 2 Tsp Lemon Juice
- 2 Cups Water
- Few mint leaves, for garnishing
- Soak Rice before starting the cooking process.
- Grind chopped onions, tomatoes and capsicum together into fine paste and keep aside.
- Heat oil and ghee in a pan and add paneer cubes.
- Fry it for couple of minutes in a simmer flame or till the color change.
- Once done, remove from the flame and keep aside.
- Now add bay leaf in the same pan followed by the Onion-Tomato-Capsicum paste.
- Saute well for couple of minutes or till the raw smell goes off.
- Add Turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander powder, Jeera powder, Garam masala and salt, mix well.
- Add the fried paneer and cook till the oil separates from the masala.
- Meanwhile, wash and drain the soaked rice.
- Add rice to the masala followed by lemon juice and mix well.
- Add the measured water, mix and close the lid.
- Cook in a simmer flame for 20 minutes or till the rice gets cooked.
- Once done, mix well slowly without breaking the rice.
- Garnish with fresh mint leaves and serve hot.
Serving Options :
Serve hot with Raita and Chips.
Sending this recipe to "100 Kids Lunch Box Recipe Book" Event !