Are you a Paneer Lover like me? Then, this is a recipe for you to try :)
Paneer Gravy is a delicious and flavorful gravy prepared with freshly ground masala and cooked in butter to give richness to the taste. Serving it with a cube of butter enhances the taste and flavor of the gravy. Fresh cream can also be added to make it more thicker and creamier but personally I love grinding the veggies along with the gravy to add more flavor and thickness. While grinding, add few pieces of paneer too because it makes the gravy rich and creamy...
Diet watchers... Kindly omit the utterly butterly part and replace it with the normal cooking oil !
This is a perfect side dish for Indian Breads and very healthy recipe for kids. Fried paneer can also be included this recipe. The aroma of freshly ground masala with the mild flavor of capsicum cooked in butter will never let you eat less ;)
- 250 gms Paneer, chopped
- 1 Big Capsicum / Bell Pepper (green), chopped
- 4 Dry red chilli
- 11/2 Coriander seeds
- 1 Tsp Jeera / Cumin seeds
- 2 cubes Butter + 1 Cube for serving
- 2 Onions,chopped
- 4 Medium sized Tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 Tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 Tsp Garam Masala
- 1 1/2 -2 Tsp Chilli powder
- 1 Tsp Dry Fenugreek leaves / Kasuri Methi
- Salt to taste
- Water, as needed
- Grind the medium sized Tomatoes into fine paste and keep aside.
- Dry roast the dry red chilli in a pan followed by coriander seeds and Jeera.
- Remove from the flame, cool and grind into fine powder.
- Heat 2 cubes of butter in a pan and add the ground masala.
- Fry it for a minute in a simmer flame and add Turmeric powder followed by chilli powder,Garam Masala and Salt.
- Saute well and add the chopped onions followed by capsicum / Bell pepper.
- Mix well and cook it for couple of minutes.
- Now add the Tomato paste, mix and cook for another 5 minutes in a medium flame.
- Add the chopped paneer pieces and mix slowly.
- Cook it for another couple of minutes.
- Take one ladle of gravy along with veggies and paneer and grind into fine paste.
- Now add the ground paste to the gravy and mix well.
- Crush the kasuri methi and add it to the gravy.
- Cook it for the last couple of minutes and remove from the flame.
- Place butter cube on top of the gravy and Serve hot.
Serving Options :
Serve hot with Roti, phulka and Paratha.
Grinding veggies and paneer is optional. I usually do that for my gravy to get thick and rich consistency to avoid the addition of fresh cream.