Rosappu Chutney is a spicy chutney which is prepared with onions and dry red chillies. The name of chutney is due to its color and this tastes very delicious with hot idlis and dosas. This is one of our family's favorite chutney. Though I have used big onions for this recipe, small onions tastes very excellent and gives delicious taste.
- 3 onion finely chopped
- 5 dry red chillies(can add extra according to spicy)
- Small ball of tamarind
- Salt for taste
- 3 tbsp gingelly oil
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1 tsp urad dal
- 1 tsp channa dal
- Few curry leaves and Coriander leaves
- Grind dry red chillies and tamarind with little water and salt into paste.
- In a pan,pour gingelly oil and add little mustard seeds,urad dal,channa dal and curry leaves.
- Then add chopped onions,fry till onion is translucent and light brown(do not burn it).
- Add the mixture and mix properly.season with little salt according to taste and add little water and bring to boil.Remove from flame and garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with fluffy idlies / Dosas.