2 Cup Curry leaves
5 - 6 Dry red chillies
1/2 inch Ginger piece
2 Tbsp Roasted Groundnuts
Small piece of Tamarind
Salt to taste
1/2 Tbsp Oil
Heat oil in a pan and add the curry leaves, fry them for a minute and remove.
Add dry red chillies to the same pan and fry them. Remove once roasted.
Now add Tamarind and ginger piece, saute for half a minute and remove.
Add everything and grind to a smooth paste adding salt and little water.
Remove and serve with hot rice.
- Coconut pieces can also be added before grinding, it gives rich flavor.
- Tempering can also be done using mustard seeds and urad dal. Basically i prepared this for rice, if you want to serve with idli or dosa, serve after tempering and adjust the consistancy of chutney by adding water.
- If this chutney served for rice, consistancy should be thick not watery.
- Urad dal can also be used instead of groundnuts.
- Adjust red chillies according to your spicy level.