- 1/2 Kg Prawns
- 1 1/2 Cups Onions, Finely chopped
- 1/2 Cup Tomatoes, Finely chopped
- 1/2 Tbsp Ginger - Garlic paste
- 1 Tsp Chilli powder
- 1 1/2 Tsp Coriander powder
- 1/4 Tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 Tsp Pepper powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 Tbsp Oil
- Few curry leaves for garnishing
- Peel the shells from prawn, devein and wash them.
- Heat oil in a pan and add the chopped onions. Fry them for couple of minutes and add the ginger - garlic paste.
- Fry it again for a couple of minutes and add the chopped tomatoes.
- Mix well and add chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder and salt.
- Add little water, close the lid and cook it for 5 minutes in a medium flame or until the tomatoes turns mushy.
- Now add the prawns and pepper powder.
- Mix well and cook it for 4- 5 minutes. ( Do-not over cook )
- Add curry leaves and remove from flame.
- Serve with hot rice.
Linking this recipe with Akila's " Dish name starts with P "
Divya's " 60 Days to Christmas " and Priya's " 60 Days to Christmas "