- 2 Onions, chopped
- 2 Tbsp Bengal gram/ Kadalai parupu
- 6 Dry red chillies
- 1 Tsp Tamarind Extract
- Salt to taste
- 2 Tsp Oil
For Tempering :
- 2 Tsp Gingelly oil
- 1 Tsp Mustard seeds
- Few curry leaves
- Heat oil in a pan and add chopped onions, fry them for 2-3 minutes and remove from flame.
- Add the dry red chillies, fry them for a minute and remove.
- Now add the bengal gram and roast them for couple of minutes in a medium flame.
- Add everything ( Onions, bengal gram, tamarind, red chillies and salt ) in a mixie and grind to a smooth paste by adding little water.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a pan and add the mustard seeds, once they start spluttering add the curry leaves.
- Add tempering to the chutney and serve with Dosa or Idly.
- You can also add grated coconut or coconut pieces too.
- Adjust dry red chillies according to your taste.