Cooking Time : 30 Minutes
- 1 Chow-chow / Chayote, grated
- 3 Cups Idly Batter
- 1 Tbsp Oil
- 1 Tsp Mustard seeds
- 1 Tsp Urad dal
- 1 Tsp Channa dal
- 1 Tbsp Roasted Groundnuts
- 2 Tbsp Coconut pieces, finely chopped
- 1/2 Cup Onion, finely chopped
- 3 Green chillies, finely chopped
- Few Coriander leaves, chopped
- Heat oil in a pan and add the mustard seeds, once they starts spluttering, add urad dal followed by channa dal and roasted peanuts.
- Add the chopped onion and fry them for a minute.
- Add the chopped chillies and chopped coconut pieces.
- Fry and add the grated chayote.
- Close, cook for couple of minutes and remove from the flame.
- Add the chopped coriander leaves and mix well.
- Now add this chayote mixture to Idly batter.
- Add salt and mix well.
- Heat kuzhipaniyaram pan and pour little oil.
- Pour the batter in pan cups and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Slowly turn the other side and cook for another couple of minutes.
- Once it gets cooked n turns crispy, remove from flame.
- Serve hot.
Serving Options :
Serve with spicy onion chutney or coconut chutney along with sambhar.
Linking this recipe with
Sara's Kitchen " Dish in 30 minutes - Breakfast "
LemonKurry's " Innovative Recipes "