We love crabs but the availability part is very difficult in the place where we stay. We have to travel 10 kms to get fresh seafood so alternative Sunday mornings will be our seafood hunting travel. It is tiring to get little early in the Sundays but the Aroma while cooking and the flavor while eating will take off all the pain of getting up early. Do you agree friends ? :)
Though the flesh part is less compared to other seafood, every bite tastes very delicious and tasty. Crab Kurma is a flavorful curry in which crab is cooked along with spices and finally simmered with coconut paste to give rich flavor. This goes perfect with hot rice and sometimes, I prefer this with Dosa and Idli.
- 1/2 Kg Crab
- 250 gms Onions, Finely chopped
- 150 gms Tomatoes, Finely chopped
- 1/2 Tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 - 1 1/2 Tsp Chilli powder
- 1 Tsp Coriander Powder
- 1 Tsp Salt or according to taste
- 1 1/2 Cup Water
- 1/2 Cup Coconut and Saunf paste
- Clean , wash and cut the crabs into half and keep aside.
- Take finely chopped onions and tomatoes in a pan.
- Add crabs followed by Turmeric powder, Chilli powder, Coriander powder and Salt.
- Pour the measured water and cook for 15-20 minutes in a medium flame or till the color of the crab changes to pink/pinkish red.
- Now add the coconut paste and mix well. ( Add water if the gravy is very thick )
- Cook for 2-3 minutes and garnish with curry leaves.
- Switch off the flame and serve hot.
Serving Options :
Serve with hot rice, Idli or Dosa.