Our August month "5 Ingredients Challenge" was interesting and quite challenging to prepare fried items with only 5 ingredients. I prepared a simple and innovative fritter using papad and paneer with exact 5 ingredients including oil. Lots of improvisation can also be done by adding basil, veggies along with paneer.
Paneer Papad is a fritter or fried snack which is filled with spicy paneer. This is a perfect snack or can also be served as appetizer.
Are you are interested to participate in our "5 Ingredients Challenge" ? Then, mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Cup Paneer, grated
- 1 Tsp Chilli flakes
- Salt to taste
- 9-10 Papads / Appalam, plain and round
- Oil for frying
- Take a grated paneer in a bowl or plate.
- Add chilli flakes and salt.
- Mix well and keep aside.
- Take one papad / Appalam and immerse in a bowl of water for few seconds.
- Remove from the water and place it in a separate plate.
- Take 2-3 Tbsp panner and place it in the middle of the papad.
- Fold as given in the picture and seal it with maida paste.
- Repeat the procedure for remaining papad and keep all the filled papad pockets to dry for 30-1 hr or it might take long time.
- Once it gets dried, heat oil in a pan and deep fry them in batches.
- Serve hot.
Serving Options :
Serve hot with Tomato sauce.
- Care should be taken while immersing papad in water because it might tear.
- The corner of papad will be hard so dip the corners first and then immerse the full papad.
- Drying papad is very important so dry it completely or it takes lots of oil while frying.
- Fry it in a medium flame else the outer layer will become crispy soon and the inner part will be half cooked.
- Serve immediately after frying.
- Since I am linking this recipe with 5 Ingredient challenge, I have used only 5 ingredients including oil. The same recipe can also be improvised by adding extra fillings and spices according to taste buds and creativity.
Linking this recipe with Lakshmi's "5 Ingredients Fix Challenge"