I feel little down to write this post because my favorite SNC Challenge has come to an end. SNC challenge started in october 2012 with a delicious challenge "Bhel puri" by Shruti . Divya Pramil, from youtoocancokindianfood is our brain child of SNC challenge and she carried this healthy challenge all these years as her baby. I know how she loved this SNC and we all were like a family members. I am very lucky to be in part of this group from the beginning of SNC Journey and got lots of lovely friends. So this group is very close to my heart and wish our SNC comes back soon. Thank you so much for creating such a healthy challenge between South and North team. This helped us to learn lots of unknown delicious North Indian recipes. And also Thank you for giving me an opportunity to host my favorite recipe "Kondakadalai Pidi Karunai Kara Kuzhambu".
And coming to August month challenge, South team members were challenged by Gavachi Kheer by Manjula from DesiFiesta. This is a Maharashtra famous healthy kheer prepared with whole wheat and rice. Perfect recipe for festive seasons and it is also kids friendly. This kheer can be served hot and as well as cold. Very delicious and tasty kheer !
- 1/4 Cup Whole wheat
- 2 Tbsp Rice
- 1/4 Cup Jaggery
- 3 Cups Milk
- A pinch of Elachi / Cardamom
- 5-6 Cashew nuts
- 5-6 Raisins
- 3 Tbsp Ghee
- Clean and wash whole wheat 3 to 4 times and soak it for 9 hours or over night.
- Soak the rice in water for 15 minutes.
- Drain the soaked wheat and grind it coarsely. keep aside.
- Heat 1 Tbsp ghee in a heavy bottomed pan and add cashews and Raisins.
- Roast and remove from the pan. Keep aside.
- Add remaining ghee to the pan and add the coarsely ground wheat.
- Cook it for few minutes in a low flame or until it leaves out an aroma.
- Now add the soaked rice and milk and mix well.
- Cook the kheer stirring occasionally till the wheat and rice is cooke well.
- Switch off the flame and add the grated Jaggery.
- Mix well and add the fried cashews and Raisins.
- Serve hot.
Serving Options :
Serve hot by adding milk or Refrigerate and serve cold.
Linking it with SNC challenge