Most of you aware that I am posting my brother's favorite recipes for a week for Raksha Bandan and celebration time comes to an end today.
Check out my previous special posts...
Vendakai Poriyal / Okra Stir fry
Bitter gourd Roast
Badam Flavored Fruit Salad
Pavakai Chips / Bitter gourd Chips
Vadai Curd Kuzhambu
Wheat Bread Jamun
Potato and Peas fry is a spicy curry which is served with rice varieties like lemon rice, tamarind rice and it also goes well with sambhar, rasam and curd. Dried peas can also be used in this recipe but it has to be soaked over night and pressure cooked for 4-5 whistles before adding to the curry.
- 2 Big Potatoes
- 1/4 Cup Peas
- 2 Onions
- 1 tomato
- 11/2 tbsp Kuzhambu Milagai Thool ( Chilli powder + Coriander powder )
- 1/4 Turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- 2-3 Tbsp Oil
- Coriander leaves for garnishing
- Cut potatoes and pressure cook it for 3 whistles or cook it for 7-10 minutes in a microwave.
- Peel the skin and keep aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan and add the chopped onions.
- Fry it for 3-4 minutes in a medium flame and add the chopped tomato.
- Cook till it turns soft and mushy.
- Add Turmeric powder followed by kuzhambu milagai thool and salt.
- Mix well and add peas.
- Add 1/4 - 1/2 cup water and close the lid.
- Cook for 7-10 minutes or till the peas gets cooked.
- Now add the boiled potatoes and mix slowly.
- Simmer the flame and cook it for 5 minutes by adding 1 tbsp oil.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and remove from the flame.
Serving Options :
Serve with Rice and goes well with sambhar, rasam, curd or with any variety rice.
Linking this recipe with Gayathri's "WTML"