Raksha bandan or Rakhi Poornima is a special day to celebrate a love between Brother and Sister. On this special day, sisters tie rakhi on brothers wrist to express their love and in return brothers take pledge to protect his sister in all circumstances and express it by giving a special gifts. That is why, it is called "Knot of protection".
I am very blessed to have a lovely brother who takes care of me very much. Though he is younger than me, the way he protects me in all circumstances was like my elder brother. We fight a lot, We argue a lot, We tease a lot but our love on each other still remain the same. Couple of years back celebrated Raksha Bandan by preparing his favorite food, so that at least he can enjoy them virtually.
Check out my 2012 Rakhi special posts:
Pavaka Chips / Bitter gourd Chips
Urad Dal Curd Kuzhambu
Wheat Bread Jamun
Unfortunately, we did not meet this time to celebrate Raksha Bandan, so prepared few recipes of his most favorites and shared him virtually on Raksha Bandan day.
So, Now you all know whats gonna be my upcoming posts :)
Here is my special yummy Dessert Brother :) Enjoy and Happy Raksha Bandan :)
Fruit Salad is an easy and healthy dessert which is served in most of the parties. It is a kid friendly recipe and lots of fruits can be included along with lots of dry fruits to make it rich and more healthy. This is my special recipe too because my son involved in each and every step of preparation from washing the fruits to placing it in the fridge.
- 6 Pomegranate
- 5 Apples
- 5 Bananas
- 400 ml Milkmaid
- 1/4 Cup Badam Health Drink mix
- 1 Cup Milk
- 1/2 Cup Pistachio
- 1/2 Cup Tutti Frutti + 1 Tbsp for Garnishing
- Boil milk and keep aside.
- Wash apples and chop them into small pieces.
- Peel the Bananas and chop them into small pieces.
- Cut the pomegranate and remove the seeds. ( Normally,I use ladle to tap and remove the seeds).
- Take 1/4 cup of Badam drink mix and add the boiled milk.
- Mix well and keep aside.
- Now pour milkmaid in a small bowl and add the badam milk. Mix well.
- Add all the chopped fruits in a big bowl and add the badam milkmaid.
- Add pistachio and Tutti Frutti.
- Mix well and refrigerate it.
- Remove after 3-4 hours and pour it in a tall galss.
- Garnish with Tutti Frutti and serve chill.
Serving Options :
Serve chill with any flavored Ice cream.
- Any health drink can be used instead of Badam drink mix.
- Extra fruits can also be added of your choice.
Linking this recipe with Gayathri's "WTML"